Monday, December 29, 2008
Posted by Andrea (Annie) at 11:08 PM
The Hamblin family had a great Christmas! We were able to spend Christmas Eve and Nana and Papa Nield's house. With Uncle Garrett being gone this year on his mission to Mexico we decided to have a Mexican feast in honor of him. We had quesadilla's, chips and dip, taco soup, horchata, and lots of other yummy food. Nana and Papa handed out the traditional treat bags for the kids which the kids look forward to every year. Papa read a special letter from Elder Garrett Nield which was Elder Nield's gift to us. It was great to hear of his testimony and some of the things that he wanted us to make sure and do on Christmas while he was away. So special!! We visited with each other then watched a special reading of the Christmas Story and music by the MoTab. It was beautiful. After that everyone else left except for our family. Dave fell asleep on the couch and we waited patiently for him to wake up. Poor guy had been working 14 hour days and was wiped out! When we got home the Elve's left pj's on our beds! Those sneaky Elve's. To this day I still don't know how they find our house! On Christmas morning the kids woke up at 8:30 and after family prayer and discussing the importance of the "reason for the season" we didn't start opening presents until 9:00. It seems that Santa did find our house and the kids had a great time. Later on Christmas day we went back to Nana and Papa's and were able to talk to Elder Nield. He is doing awesome and it was a treat to hear is voice and know that he is safe and that he is serving the Lord and having success as a missionary. As a family we couldn't be prouder and we miss Uncle Garrett but know he is where he is supposed to be right now. We had many special experiences over the Christmas holiday and will never forget the kindness and generosity of many friends, family and ward members. We also enjoyed the 12 days of Christmas from a Secret Santa. What fun things we would get every night for 12 days in a row. It was so fun for the kids to anticipate the door bell ring and they loved opening the door to such fun little treasures! Lots of great memories and fun time were had by all!
Posted by Andrea (Annie) at 10:34 PM
Monday, December 22, 2008
I found this funny name game from my friend Penny's blog. I got a kick out of it and needed a good laugh today!
1. YOUR ROCK STAR NAME: (first pet & current car) Cookie Van
2. YOUR ROCKSTAR TOUR'S NAME: ("The" + Your fave hobby/craft, fave weather element + “Tour”)The Cooking Snow Tour
3. YOUR GANGSTA NAME: (fave ice cream flavor, favorite cookie) Rocky Road Oreo
4. YOUR “FLY Guy/Girl” NAME: (first initial of first name, first three letters of your last name) A-Ham
5. YOUR DETECTIVE NAME:(fave color, fave pet) Green Dog
6. YOUR SOAP OPERA NAME: (middle name, city where you were born) Crystal Idaho Falls
7. YOUR STAR WARS NAME: (the first 3 letters of your last name, first 2 letters of your first) HamAn
8. SUPERHERO NAME: ("The" + 2nd favorite color, favorite drink) The Red Soda
9. NASCAR NAME: (the first names of your grandfathers or grandmothers) Jessie Nona
10. STRIPPER NAME: (the name of your favorite perfume/cologne/scent, favorite candy) Beautiful Snickers
11. WITNESS PROTECTION NAME: (mother’s & father’s middle names ) Mary Bingham
12. TV WEATHER ANCHOR NAME: (Your 5th grade teacher’s last name, a major city that starts with the same letter) Marler Mapleton (?)
13. SPY NAME: (your favorite season/holiday, flower) Autumn Rose
14. CARTOON NAME: (favorite fruit, article of clothing you’re wearing right now + “ie” or “y”) Apple T-shirty
15. HIPPY NAME: (What you ate for breakfast, your favorite tree) Oatmeal Pine
Posted by Andrea (Annie) at 9:35 PM
So grateful for so many wonderful blessings! I just got back from the hospital last night. My Slater was in for almost three days with asthma problems. He is now finally diagnosed with it and we have the breathing machine which will be wonderful to have when he needs it. This has truly been a crazy week for all of us but I have so much to be grateful for. So grateful that Slater is doing better. Grateful to have been able to just sit in the hospital with him and Hunter and relax so that my body could continue to heal. Grateful for a wonderful mom who always steps up to the plate and takes care of her grown kids when needed. She came and cleaned my kitchen, did laundry, swept, and took the girls out to dinner. Thanks mom for your amazing help with everything I have been through this last year. You have been an angel. So grateful for sisters and a sister-in-law who have helped in so many ways with watching my kids, cleaning, and meals. What wonderful help you have been to me. Very grateful for new and old friends who have also helped with my kids, brought meals and visited. I have the greatest friends in the world! I am grateful for a new and special ward that has really shown what service is. Truly grateful for their service, meals, well wishes, and kindness. Grateful for all the tender mercies given to me by a very loving and aware Heavenly Father. He is completely aware of my needs and I KNOW that he loves me! I am so blessed and grateful to have cool kids. I love my kids and love being their mom. To my husband, he is the best. I love him more than words can express. He has been such an amazing husband and father. Dave is the most dedicated husband and father and also works harder than anyone I know. He works two jobs so that I can be at home with the kids, he blesses me with his love and kindness, and even after all these years with having kids and weight gain he loves me despite all of my imperfections. He is always there with hugs and loves. I love him! Wow, I am feeling so much gratitude and just needed to express it. This year has been full of many challenges and they have been for my good and for the good of my family. Trials make us better and I say, "bring it on!" I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas. I know that this for me has been one of the most memorable years for me. This season is special and I am enjoying it so much. Love to all who may stumble on this "grateful" post.
Posted by Andrea (Annie) at 9:21 AM
Tuesday, December 16, 2008
So, guess what I get to do today? I get to have another surgery! Blahhhh! For an update I had a bad staph infection from my c-section that ruptured on October 30th. Ever since then I have been in and out of the wound care office in the hospital. It has been a nightmare. They have tried everything to get it to close and it just won't close. It's a healthy wound but won't seal shut. I went in yesterday and they said that there was pretty much nothing else they could do for the wound and called my OB. He said he had an opening today and wants to "fix" the wound by re-cutting and starting over. Crazy huh? So, I haven't had anything to eat or drink since midnight and they will put me under. This will be my fourth surgery in 6 months! Enough is enough already. Anyway, I am not looking forward to today but do hope it will help the problem. Wish me luck! By the way, my medical bills are unbelievable! It's good to have good insurance but I will be paying medical bills for a VERY long time. So frustrating!
Posted by Andrea (Annie) at 8:25 AM
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
Welcome to the 2008 edition of getting to know your Friends. Copy, then change all the answers so they apply to you, and then send this to your friends including the person who sent it to you. The theory is that you will learn a lot of little things about your friends that you might not have known!
1. What time did you get up this morning? 7:00 AM
2. Diamonds or pearls? Diamonds
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? Twighlight
4. What is your favorite TV show? I don’t watch TV
5. What do you usually have for breakfast? Cereal or toast
6. What is your middle name? Crystal
7. What food do you dislike? Cheese Cake
8. What is your favorite CD at moment? Celine Dion
9. What kind of car do you drive? Chevy Venture
10. Favorite sandwich? Turkey with avocado spread
11. What characteristic do you despise? Fair-weather friends
12. Favorite item of clothing? Pajama pants
13. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would you go? Probably all the church historical sites
14. Favorite brand of clothing? Old Navy
15. Where would you retire to? Ririe, Idaho
16. What was your most recent memorable birthday? Don’t really have one
17. Favorite sport to watch? I just enjoy watching my husband watch sports, that’s more entertaining to me. He's a BYU fanatic
18. Furthest place you are sending this? South Carolina?
19. Person you expect to send it back first? No idea.
20. When is your birthday? April
21. Are you a morning person or a night person? Night!
22. What is your shoe size? 8
23. Pets? Squirrels in the back yard
24. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share with us? I just swept my floor?
25. What did you want to be when you were little? A mommy
26. How are you today? Good!
27. What is your favorite candy? Snickers with almonds
28. What is your favorite flower? Rose
29. What is a day on the calendar you are looking forward to? December 25
30. What is your full name? Annie!
31. What are you listening to right now? KLCE Christmas music
32. What was the last thing you ate? A pretzel
33. Do you wish on stars? Of course!
34. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? green
35. How is the weather right now? Cold
36. The first person you spoke to on the phone today? My sister Megan
37. Favorite soft drink? Diet Coke or Diet Pepsi
38. Favorite restaurant? Bajio’s and Jalisco’s
39. Real hair color? Dishwater blond
40. What was your favorite toy as a child? Cabbage Patch doll
41. Summer or winter? both
42. Hugs or kisses? Hugs
43. Chocolate or Vanilla? Chocolate
44. Coffee or tea? Neither, but I love the smell of coffee
45. Do you want your friends to post this on their blogs? Well...sure!
46. The last time you cried? Couple weeks ago at the hospital
47. What is under your bed? Dust bunnies
48. What did you do last night? Went to Mutual and then did some shopping
49. Fears? Losing a family member
50. Salty or sweet? both
51. How many keys on your key ring? 3
52. How many years at your current job? Almost 11 (mom)
53. Favorite day of the week? Sunday
54. How many towns have you lived in? Ririe, ID; Rexburg, ID; Centerville, UT; West Bountiful, UT; Ririe, ID; Glendale, AZ; Ririe, ID; 3 different apartments in Idaho Falls, ID; Rexburg,ID; another apartment in Idaho Falls, ID and now a house in Idaho Falls, ID. I do NOT plan to move for a very long time!
55. Do you make friends easily? Very!
56. How many people will you send this to? Lots, I guess
57. How many will respond? Whoever wants to!
Posted by Andrea (Annie) at 11:16 AM
Saturday, December 6, 2008
So, I have been thinking a lot about my brothers lately. They are some of my favorite people. These guys are awsome! When the three of them are together it's like Larry, Curly, and Moe. Garrett has been in the mission field almost a year now, Adam lives close to me, and my brother Spencer is in AZ. These guys don't get to see much of each other but you can bet they are the best of friends. I think Spencer and Adam talk at least once a day and I am sure they wish they could talk to Garrett too. There's a big age gap between Adam and Garrett, I think 11 years or so but they are such close buds. Spencer and Adam are only 1 year apart. I just want these guys to know how much I love them. They are great brothers and I am thankful to be their sister. I was blessed to have a great family. I will need to post pictures of my amazing sisters soon. As you can see with the pictures below my brothers are hilarious. It's so hard to get a serious picture from them but it is totally their personalities. I hope I don't get shot for posting these pictures, especially from my mom. I know I have a few funny face pictures of my dad somewhere but couldn't find them for this post. Hmmm, I wonder where they get their sense of humors from? To all my brothers, I love you guys! Can't wait for you all to be together again.
Posted by Andrea (Annie) at 4:06 PM